We've compiled a list of things you can do prepare your roof for the coming cold and harsh winter weather that comes with it.
We know the last thing you might want is another item on your to-do list, but these actions will help protect you home.
- Eliminate low-hanging tree branches- Branches can break off and fall on your roof once snow is weighing down on them.
- Remove fallen leaves and debris- Leaves and debris on your roof can trap down moisture and clog your gutters, which will create bigger problems to deal with.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts- It is very important to clean your gutters so they can drain water and melting snow properly. Clogged gutters can cause water damage.
- Check for pests- Check for entry of pests or animals. The cold weather might make your home look inviting, which has the potential to cause a lot of damage if this is the case.
- Inspect and repair- Repair shingles, check flashing for signs of wear, and check any previous repairs that have been done to your roof.
- Insulate your attic- Prevent icing on your roof.
If you notice heavy or widespread roof damage, contact Blue Raccoon for a free consultation. We are located in Denver, but serve most of Colorado and beyond. We want to ensure the best for our neighbors!